A fast-growing law firm with office in Lekki Phase 1, Lagos State, is looking for a smart and capable legal practitioner who can provide services to their clients in respect of a range of corporate, commercial and litigation matters including but not limited to real estate and procurement businesses, commercial contracts, joint ventures, partnerships and corporate and company secretarial matters:
- To provide expert litigation support, strategy and risk management to clients in civil and criminal matters
- To assist clients with litigation policies and deliver high impact outcomes
- To draft corporate and commercial agreements, to advise clients regarding the legal and business implications of proposed transactions, anticipating legal and contractual concerns and devising strategies to resolve them
- To provide expert advice on joint ventures, investments and other partnership arrangements, and be capable of drafting all relevant documentation.
- To protect clients’ interests, by ensuring all necessary checks and investigations are undertaken (e.g. undertaking all necessary diligence/disclosure exercises as appropriate) in respect of relevant transactions.
Required Knowledge and Experience
A thorough knowledge of the law and experience in the areas described above.
You are also expected to have:
*sound judgment and exceptional analytical skills.
* 8-10yrs work experience (essential)
*excellent written and communication skills and a good confidence level.
*experience in conducting and managing litigation confidently with limited supervision and a sound understanding and awareness of litigation processes with regards to the application of civil and criminal procedure rules (essential)
*sound staff management experience (desirable)
*knowledge and interest in the structure, aims and objectives of the corporate and commercial processes and an appreciation of Nigeria’s business regulatory requirements.
*good research skills and a clear ability to acquire necessary knowledge within a short space of time (desirable)
*ability to grasp quickly and accurately new and complex concepts and areas of law (essential)
*Ability to train other colleagues (desirable)
- Good intellectual and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentational skills. A working knowledge of power point and excel. (Essential)
- Ability to provide practical legal advice and risk assessment.
- Good Team player.
- Ability to pay attention to details, work with tight and/or conflicting deadlines. (Essential)
Second Class Honours Degree, Upper Division (university)
Second Class Honours Degree, Upper Division (law school)
Masters in Law (desirable)
Others Certifications (desirable)
Qualified applicants should please email their CV to [email protected]